The Visual Arts Academy at Woodmans Hill is a select entry program for high achieving students with a passion for and excellent ability in the visual arts.
This program. The Academy structure will give students’ access to unique learning experiences both within the school and through community and specialist links.
The Woodmans Hill Visual Arts Academy will support students through Years 7 to 9, after which they will accelerate their learning into a VCE Visual Arts subject at Year 10.
Visual Arts Classes
Visual Arts classes will be organised around a range of arts disciplines such as drawing, painting and sculpture to ensure that students are provided with a breath of practical experience. In addition, all students will be educated in how to respond and interpret both classical and modern artwork.
- To develop knowledge, understandings, perceptions, creative thinking, problem solving and practical skills in the Visual Arts.
- Provide a range of traditional and contemporary skill instruction, including knowledge from visiting professional artists and tutors.
- Provide opportunity for gallery visits and other excursions or camps.
- Provide opportunity for displays and formal exhibition of student work.
- Provide opportunity to be involved in community art projects.
Students must apply to be part of this program.
Applications for 2022 will open later in 2021.